Welcome to Year 1
Yellow Class Teacher is Mrs Bailey
Green class Teacher is Mrs Greed
Don't forget to use Education City!
In English this half term we will be learning to:
- become familiar with fairy tales
- use story language to re-enact stories and use this in our writing
- notice story structure, characters and settings
- say a sentence loud and write it
leave finger spaces when writing
re-read what they have written and check it makes sense
begin to join letters when writing
- use correct punctuation
In Maths this half term the children will:
- subtracting numbers up to 20
- learning to speak in full sentences when answering maths questions
- Using comparative language when looking at numbers, eg larger than, fewer than, greater than, etc...
- Learning the part part whole method of number bonds to 10 and using these to solve problems
- Use correct language when learning about mass, time and length
- learning to count forwards and backwards from any number up to 100
- count in 2s, 5s and 10s
- use language of 'yesterday', 'today', 'tomorrow'
- use language of 'heavier' 'lighter' 'longer' 'shorter' 'taller' 'shorter'
In Science this half term the children will:
- Investigate materials and which material is waterproof
- Observe changes across the four seasons and describe the weather associated with these seasons
In Art the children will be:
- Learning about the style of artist Paul Klee
- Using pastels, crayons and paint to make a picture of a castle in the style of this artist
In PE the children will be:
- developing skills of balance, jumping, throwing and catching
- using first funs PE to develop these skills and explore movements
In RE the children will be:
- Looking at People Jesus Met and significant stories from the Bible
In Music the children will be learning about:
In ICT we will be learning to copy an image and insert it onto a word document.